Congress Late Breaking Abstract Submission Guidelines
Call for Late Breaking Abstracts is now closed!
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the International Congress of Antiphospholipid Antibodies, which will be held in
Manchester, 17 – 20 September 2019.
Call for Submission of Abstracts:
20 May 2019
Abstract Submission Deadline:
1 July 2019
of Review Outcome:
22 July 2019
Confirm Attendance Deadline:
26 July 2019
31 July 2019
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral presentations will be 12 minutes long with 3 minutes for questions and answers
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
contentshave a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period
remainsthe responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down timewill be removed and disposed of.
Submission Guidelines and Templates
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for ICAPA 2019. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the ICAPA 2019 abstract submission system and Conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (Oral or Poster)
- A theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract word limit is 250 and a maximum of one table. Word limit is excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations
Complete questions listed in Additional Information.
- Indicate your professional status: Other, Post-grad student/trainee non-clinical, Post-grad student/trainee clinical,
Under gradstudent clinical, Undergrad student non-clinical
- Do you want your abstract to be published?
- Do you want to apply for a bursary?
- Are you a: A: Non-clinical Trainee, B: Clinical Fellow, C: Medical Student.
Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract.
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
Notification will be sent to the Presenting Author on Monday 22 July 2019.
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by Friday 26 July 2019.
If a presenter fails to register by Friday 26 July 2019
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all ICAPA 2019 related publications