An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral presentations will be 12 minutes long with 3 minutes for questions and answers
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Submission Guidelines and Templates
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for ICAPA 2019. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the ICAPA 2019 abstract submission system and Conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact ICAPA2019@conferencepartners.com.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (Oral or Poster)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract word limit is 250 and a maximum of one table. Word limit is excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations
Complete questions listed in Additional Information.
- Indicate your professional status: Other, Post-grad student/trainee non-clinical, Post-grad student/trainee clinical, Under grad student clinical, Undergrad student non-clinical
- Do you want your abstract to be published?
- Do you want to apply for a bursary?
- Are you a: A: Non-clinical Trainee, B: Clinical Fellow, C: Medical Student.
- Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract.
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
Written notice must be submitted by Wednesday 10 July 2019 for all withdrawals and change of presenters, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlines above.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, PowerPoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for ICAPA 2019.
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted authors must register by 10 July to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 17 – 20 September 2019.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the ICAPA 2019 Programme Team ICAPA2019@conferencepartners.com.